Thesis and Dissertation
- Ozdemir, D (2009). The Effects of Context-Dependency of Seductive Details on Recall and Transfer in a Multimedia Learning Environment. Doctoral Dissertation. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
- Ozdemir, D (2004). The Effect of Educational Ideologies on Technology Acceptance. Master Thesis. Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey.
- Ozdemir, D., Preast, V., & Duffy, P. A. (2018), Systematic approach for improving accessibility and usability in online courses In V.C. Bryan, A. T. Musgrove, and J. R. Powers (Eds), Handbook of research on human development in the digital age, Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Ozdemir, D. & Stebbins, C. (2017). A Framework for the Evaluation of Competency-Based Curriculum”. In K. Rasmussen, P. Northrup, & R. Colson (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Competency-Based Education in University Settings. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Ozdemir, D. (2014). Overcoming Challenges During the Development of a Massive Open Online Course. In P. Lowenthal, C. York, & J. Richardson (Eds.), Online Learning: Common misconceptions, benefits, and challenges. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
Papers in Refereed Journals
- Ozdemir, D. & Rand, J. (2018). Utilization of Learning Object Repositories for the Analysis of Didactic Curriculum. Journal of Physician Assistant Education, 29(3), 188-191.
- Ozdemir, D. & Duffy, P. A. (2017). Meeting the Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals Using Backward Design. Pedagogy in Health Promotion, 3(4), 270-275.
- Ozdemir, D. & Stebbins, C. (2015). Curriculum Mapping for the Utilization of a Learning Analytics System in an Online Competency-Based Master of Healthcare Administration Program: A Case Study. Journal of Health Administration Education, 32(4), 543-562.
- Ozdemir, D. & Doolittle, P. (2015). Revisiting the Seductive Details Effect in Multimedia Learning: Context-dependency of Seductive Details. Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia, 24(2), 101-119.
- Ozdemir, D. & Loose, R. (2014) Implementation of a quality assurance review system for the scalable development of online courses. Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, 17(1).
- Ozdemir, D. & McDaniel, J. G. (2013). Evaluation of the State Authorization Processes for Distance Education. Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, 16(1).
- Kiraz, E & Ozdemir, D. (2006). The relationship between educational ideologies and technology acceptance in preservice teachers. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 9(2), 152-165.
- Can, G. & Ozdemir, D. (2006). Blogging in higher education: Theoretical and practical approach. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, 4(6), 5-13.
Papers in Conference Proceedings
- Ozdemir, D. & McDaniel, J. G. (2012). Meeting Employment Demands with Industry Competent Online Adult Degree Completion Programs in the 4-VA Consortium. Paper presented at the 18th Annual Sloan Consortium International Conference on Online Learning, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- Ozdemir, D. & McDaniel, J. G. (2012). The State Authorization Process of Distance Education at George Mason University. Poster presented at the 18th Annual Sloan Consortium International Conference on Online Learning, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- Ozdemir, D. (2005). Do preservice teachers believe in technology? The relationship between educational ideologies and technology acceptance. Paper presented at Thirty-Fifth Annual Conference of the International Society for Exploring Teaching and Learning, Cocoa Beach, FL.